Starkville Counseling Associates is using TherapyPortal, a secure HIPAA compliant video chat platform for our telemental health counseling sessions. Any device with a camera, microphone, compatible web browser and internet access is suitable for a telehealth session. All calls use peer-to-peer connections with end-to-end encryption for maximum privacy and security.
To access the portal, you must create your own free client portal account. You will receive an email invitation to create an account using your own password. Once you have created a portal account, you will need to log in for telemental health sessions.
For Google Chrome Users: Click on the three vertical dots in the upper right. Navigate to Settings > Privacy and security > Site settings > click on Camera then select from the drop down on the top.
For iPhone Users: Navigate to Settings > Safari > Camera > Allow and Settings > Safari > Microphone > Allow
For Android Users: Navigate to Settings > Apps > Chrome > Permissions > Turn Camera + Microphone On
Login to Our Client Portal
Before you get started:
- Be sure that you're using an up-to-date web browser, such as the latest version of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari, or Mozilla Firefox. Please note that you cannot join telehealth sessions using Internet Explorer.
- Make sure that you're connected to a strong, secured Wi-Fi signal. If you're joining a telehealth session on your phone, connect to Wi-Fi instead of using cellular data where possible.
- Log in to your TherapyPortal account to join your session. You will be taken to a virtual wait room. If your counselor does not join you within 3-5 minutes of your appointment time, please call 662-323-5588 to make sure there has not been a scheduling error on our part.
Tips for a better Telemental health session
Before your scheduled time:
- Please let your counselor know if you want to do a phone (audio) session or a video chat session.
- Make sure you have a private place to talk. If you are unable to find privacy, text your counselor as soon as you are aware. When the session starts, please let your counselor know where your physical location is in case of an emergency.
- Decide ahead of time what device you want to use - telephone, tablet, PC, etc.
- Find a comfortable resting place for your device.
- Have headphones or earbuds for your device. They help with privacy and prevent feedback noise.
- Close any applications or browser tabs that you don't need right now. This allows your device's processing power to be dedicated to maintaining a high-quality video call.
- If there are technology issues, your counselor will discuss an alternate means of connecting at the beginning of the session.
- If all forms of technology fail for your session, please call 662-323-5588 or your counselor’s cell phone.